U.S. Senator Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina) explains how big government is making it harder for Americans to find jobs and more difficult for small businesses to succeed. When big government puts too many burdens on America’s economy, it forces jobs and investment overseas instead of here at home. It also makes it harder for middle class small business owners to compete against large corporations, discouraging real competition and job growth.
Here’s a list of some of the obstacles that big government has created that make it harder to achieve success in America:
– $1.75 trillion regulatory costs
– $15 trillion national debt
– $2 to $3 trillion in state and local debt (http://bit.ly/zQwqfb)
– $100 trillion unfunded liabilities for entitlement programs
– ObamaCare taxes and regulations
– More than 75,000 pages of IRS tax rules & regulations (http://bit.ly/ejX73Z)