We have received numerous inquiries as to who we support for races in North Carolina. This is a very easy answer. We support candidates who are committed to:
limiting the role of government in our lives
lowering taxes in the state
eliminating wasteful spending in the budgets
encouraging free market solutions
encouraging individual responsibility
Who are these candidates? We have asked you, our readers, to endorse your candidates. We are encouraging individual responsibility for who you vote for. To find out your districts, go to the State Board of Elections, enter your information, and when you see your initial information, you’ll see a link that says “My Districts”, from there, google “NC _____” for whatever district you are seeking. Alternatively, look on the state GOP website, the state Libertarian party website, even the Democrat party website, as a jumping off point.
North Carolina Conservatives NEED to become engaged in this year’s election. Do not stop at finding out who is running to be a positive, conservative force in our state for us— GET IN TOUCH with that person, and ASK how you can HELP them achieve their goal. While voting is essential, the overall conservative atmosphere in this state needs to become stronger. With the momentum the conservative winds are supposed to have across the country, state candidates (especially) should have an abundant volunteer staff, and they do not. If you do not have a state candidate race in the district you are running in, find the next closest to you, and ask THEM how you can help. Believe me, there’s always something that can be done, even if you do not live in their district!
How you can help:
- Make phone calls- at campaign headquarters or at home. You are not on your own in this, training is provided!
- Walk with the campaigns. Most candidates are out walking their districts 5 days a week, nights during the week and during the day on Saturdays.
- Commit to raising money. Some candidates are using an online system where you have your own campaign account, and you can raise money online and track to see how much you are raising. (Cool, right? Gotta love technology)
- Help put out yard signs- this is SO important! Name recognition is the #1 challenge for new candidates.
- Commit to doing, or organize an intersection sign waving event in October.
- Some TEA Party groups are setting up booths at the local fairs- volunteer to work to recruit other volunteers. Encourage these new people to join a campaign and make a difference.
- Host a fundraiser. Open your home to a group of people you know, invite them to come hear your candidate speak. Join efforts with other TEA party people and do a potluck picnic at a park- the more the merrier!
- Put your campaign in touch with whatever groups you are in to get your candidate in front of them. We have some very bright, impressive state candidates! Once people hear them speak, they should WANT to help get theme elected.
- Attend local high school football games- pass out flyers with information about your candidate. (This is a great idea for school board candidates, especially.)
- SOCIAL MEDIA. If you are involved in social media, be it Facebook, Twitter, or other sites- push your candidate! Join their pages, suggest their pages and profiles to ALL of your friends; repost information they post (use the “share” link often!); ReTweet their tweets- DAILY recommend them to your followers; digg their blog posts – get the word out! Do NOT underestimate the power of social media.
BONUS: Find out if POLLING JUDGES are needed. Some counties have more than ten judges positions open, and this is a PAID position. There are what- 100 counties in our state? If EVERY county lacked TEN judges, that is 1000 opportunities for less than honest people to jump in and skew this year’s election. Do we WANT that to happen? if you are not currently involved in November 2nd activities, this is something that is DESPERATELY needed.
Volunteer to be a poll observer on November 2nd. Counties are TRAINING people on how to observe for VOTER FRAUD. In 2008, poll observers included ACORN. Are TEA Party Patriots of North Carolina going to ALLOW that in 2010?
Stand at your poll in November 2nd and hand out conservative literature. Remember, school board and judges are non partisan now. Even if a person pulls the lever for a straight ticket- they are not casting a vote for school board and judges. PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW who to vote for on election day, unfortunately, a great number of people will show up and not know who to vote for. This is where YOU can help.
Now, go find your candidates, and tell the world who the TEA Party Patriots in THIS state endorse!